Upgraded Student Email Goes Live February 18 -Postponed by Microsoft
You will soon see a visual difference in your Catamount Mail. We are upgrading Catamount Mail to the most current and capable release available. On February 18, 2013, you will be able to login to Catamount Mail at http://studentmail.wcu.edu. For quick access, you may wish to bookmark this link in your web browser. There will also be a slight visual change to your inbox; however, all functionality will remain the same. To see the future look of Catamount Mail go to: http://www.wcu.edu/29900.asp
We will do this upgrade February 18, 2013. See other important details below.
- Your email address will stay the same. All of your current emails, contacts, and calendar events will be available after this upgrade.
- You may still access your inbox through MyCat, however, once you click on the email tab, you will need to login again with your Catamount email account username. Your username is your Catamount email account username. Your password is your MyCat password (PIN).
Mobile Phone Settings:
- If your Catamount Mail is currently being pushed to your phone/mobile device, you may need to update those settings. For more instructions on how to update these settings, visit http://www.wcu.edu/29982.asp.
- If you are currently using SkyDrive through your Catamount email, on and after February 18, 2013, you will need to access your SkyDrive separately at https://skydrive.live.com.
- Log in with your student email address (Windows Live ID) and the last password you used prior to the change. Changing your MyCat password does not change your SkyDrive password, only your Office 365 password. For this reason we recommend downloading your SkyDrive files as a backup.
In the meantime, if you have questions, please contact the IT Help Desk.
(local) 828-227-7487 (toll free) 866-928-7487
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. EST
As a reminder, IT will never ask you to confirm account information, such as username and password, through e-mail.