How do you provide all of your staff or students with the training they need when they need it? The Division of IT is proud to offer the updated Dell Learning System (DLS) for WCU faculty, staff, and students. The new DLS provides your employees and students the training they need when they need it from the convenience of their own computer.
What’s New with the Dell Learning System?
• A simplified user interface
• Users can start, stop and pick up where they last left off
• Administrators can track and build reports based on usage, completion and pass rates.
• Roles based management means users can be assigned course paths based on their strategic function or program of study
• Over 300 course titles balanced between desktop training, practical business courses and courses that lead to IT certification tracks like Oracle and Cisco.
New Delivery Mechanism
The updated DLS is now powered by Catalyst. This powerful framework for training delivery contains pre-loaded courseware and enables administrators to create learning paths for their staff or students.
The DLS has a diverse course list of Over 300 course titles featuring both soft skills and technology intensive topics. Sample titles include:
• Introduction to Dreamweaver
• Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010
• Business Writing Fundamentals
• HIPAA Privacy Essentials
• Cisco Related Series (CCNA)
• ITIL Foundation Certificate
• Microsoft Certification (MCTS) and .SQL Server
With a vast array of subjects ranging from business and compliancy to IT certification track courses, the DLS ensures your new and current faculty, staff, and students receive the training they need. Course titles are regularly updated, and its robust reporting capabilities make it easy for administrators to track usage and completion rates.
Access the new Dell Learning System
Log in to http://onlinetraining.wcu.edu.
Faculty and staff: use your WCU email username and password.
Students: use the first part of your Catamount email address (everything before the @ symbol) and My Cat password.
Read more about WCU online training offerings at http://www.wcu.edu/27167.asp.
If you have questions about the Dell Learning System, please contact the IT Help Desk or visit the Technology Commons on the ground floor of Hunter Library. The IT Help Desk can be reached by phone locally at 227-7487 or toll free at 866-928-7487, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the Online Help Desk at http://ithelp.wcu.edu/. The Technology Commons is open the same hours as Hunter Library.