The Division of IT has redesigned our project intake process. Representatives from all areas of IT recently collaborated to review the previous intake activities, and a new customized intake process was vetted and approved by the ITLC for final adoption. The new process is effective immediately and moves certain intake activities from pre-activation to post-activation. The adjustments are intended to improve resource management for IT projects, and we urge everyone to review the new process as soon as possible. Please reach out to the Project Management Office with any questions.
- Enter Project Request in Cherwell
- Project or Service Request Analysis (how many points?)*
- Transfer Information from Cherwell Service Request to TeamDynamix Project Request
- Close Cherwell Service Request
- Meet with Requestor for Benefit Analysis**
- Enter Available Data in TeamDynamix
- Prepare PDF for Division Endorsement and ITLC
- Division Endorsement
- ITLC Review
- Research Options Available
- Preliminary Project Review Form (Architecture Council Form)
- Build vs. Buy Analysis
- Determine any Data Involved
- Determine if Hosted Solution
- Notification to Cloud Strategy Team if Necessary
- Terms and Conditions/Initial Assessment Tool
- Privacy Assessment
- Determine if e-Signature is Needed
- Estimate High Level Timeline, Resources, and Cost
- Build Cost Benefit Analysis
- Determine NPV, Payback Period, and ROI Once Full Requirements are Completed
- Keep TeamDynamix Updated as Appropriate
*Project or Service Request Analysis (how many points?)
|Service Request||Small Project||Intermediate Project||Large Project|
|0-6 points||7-11 points||12-16 points||17-21 points|
|Characteristics||Add 0 Points||Add 1 Point||Add 2 Points||Add 3 Points|
|Work Hours||1-39 hrs||40-120 hrs||121-300 hrs||301+ hrs|
|Technology Needs||In-house expertise/already running the tool||In-house expertise||Limited in-house expertise, used some features for a few projects, still novice level||New to WCU or requires system-wide change/training|
|Organizational Impact||Internal to IT||Internal to IT or Serves 1 division external to IT||Serves 2 divisions external to IT||Serves 3 or more divisions external to IT|
|Complexity||Well-defined solution with no problems expected||Well-defined solution; few problems expected; Authentication component (SSO,AD)||Solution is known; some implementation challenges expected; Interface to ERP system requested||Solution is unknown or not clearly defined, significant research and planning entailed; FERPA Data involved|
|Requirements||All requirements known and documented; no funding required||All requirements known; no external cost||Some requirements know and possibly documented; funding not determined/confirmed||No requirements understood or documented; donor financed|
|Functional Engagement||No functional involvement||None or minimal functional area(s) involvement||Some level of involvement from functional area(s)||Major functional area(s) involvement|
|Visibility to Campus||Low||Low||Medium||High|
**Meet with Requestor for Benefit Analysis
Face-to-face initial meeting with the requestor may include the following areas of discussion:
- Why do we need to do this?
- Is this a legal, mandated, or compliance project request?
- What problem are we trying to solve?
- Do they need a new application?
- Do they need to automate an existing process?
- Do they need a new process?
- Do they need data auto-populated from another system?
- Do they need data pushed back into another system?
- Do they need authorizations?
- Do they need notifications?
- Do they need reporting?