Each month, the Division of IT hi-lights a service provided to the campus. This month’s service is:
The Division of IT creates and maintains Active Directory accounts which provide access to university computing resources such as computers, email, wireless network, files, printers, and more.
- Guests, Consultants and Aramark Employees
- Student Workers
- Graduate Assistants (Non-Teaching and Non-Lab)
- Non-Person (A generic account for the Baseball Program, for example)
- Depending on the type of access being requested, other compliance documents (such as FERPA agreements, volunteer forms, or contracts) might be required.
- IT system access is valid for a maximum of one year and must be renewed if access is needed beyond that time.
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, closed weekends and University Holidays
Forms are available for download on WCU’s website: Account Login Access
IT creates the account once the appropriate authorization is granted. IT also terminates the account upon receiving notification via the Consultant/Guest Access Request Form or the Employee Exception or Non-Person Request Form.
Contact the IT Help Desk
Monday-Friday, 7:30a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Closed weekends and university holidays
Call: 227-7487 or 866-928-7487 (toll free)
Log in: Online Help Desk/IT Self-Service http://help.wcu.edu/
Faculty and Staff username – wcu\WCU account username password – WCU account password
Students username – wcu\Catamount account username password – your PIN or password
Visit the Technology Commons On the ground floor of Hunter Library For walk-up technology assistance for faculty, staff and students
Charge for this Service