Each month, the Division of IT hi-lights a service provided to the campus. This month’s service is:
Accounts for Guests to Access Administrative Resources
The Division of IT creates and maintains Active Directory accounts which provide access to university computing resources such as computers, email, wireless network, files, printers, and more.
- Guests, Consultants and Aramark Employees
- Student Workers
- Graduate Assistants (Non-Teaching and Non-Lab)
- Non-Person (A generic account for the Baseball Program, for example)
- Depending on the type of access being requested, other compliance documents (such as FERPA agreements, volunteer forms, or contracts) might be required.
- IT system access is valid for a maximum of one year and must be renewed if access is needed beyond that time.
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, closed weekends and University Holidays
Forms are available for download on WCU’s website: Account Login Access
IT creates the account once the appropriate authorization is granted. IT also terminates the account upon receiving notification via the Consultant/Guest Access Request Form or the Employee Exception or Non-Person Request Form.
Contact the IT Help Desk
Monday-Friday, 7:30a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Closed weekends and university holidays
Call: 227-7487 or 866-928-7487 (toll free)
Log in: Online Help Desk/IT Self-Service http://help.wcu.edu/
Faculty and Staff username – wcu\WCU account username password – WCU account password
Students username – wcu\Catamount account username password – your PIN or password
Visit the Technology Commons On the ground floor of Hunter Library For walk-up technology assistance for faculty, staff and students
Charge for this Service