This service provides WCU Faculty and Staff with consultative support in the purchasing and/or acquisition of software to be used by WCU faculty, staff, or students on WCU-owned computers. This service is provided to enable compliance with University Policy 119. Requestors will be provided with recommendations for best-practice approach to the adoption of the proposed software based on existing IT services and capabilities.
The department of Academic Engagement and IT Governance are lead providers for this service.
Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm
Meet with faculty/staff to review software needs and document recommended actions. Provide linkage to IT’s project management or service request catalogs as appropriate. Document the adoption of software for enterprise level reporting and inventory.
Contact the IT Help Desk
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Closed weekends and university holidays
Call: 227-7487 or 866-928-7487 (toll free)
Log in: Online Help Desk/IT Self-Service http://ithelp.wcu.edu/
Visit the Technology Commons
On the ground floor of Hunter Library for walk-up technology assistance for faculty, staff and students
For More Information
- University Policy 119: Software Adoption Policy
- University Policy 52: Use of Computers and Data Communications.
- University Policy 62: Contract Review and Execution.
- University Policy 67: Computer Hardware, Software, and Services Standards
- University Policy 95: Data Network Security and Access Control
- University Policy 97: Data Security and Stewardship
Charge for this Service